Sunday, September 13, 2009

Wednesday, July 8th 2009

Wednesday, July 8, 2009 7:40 PM, CDT

Today has been a difficult day. Geneva's not as sedated as she was yesterday. When we saw her this afternoon, she kept trying to open her eyes when she would hear my voice and she opened her mouth as though she wanted to cry but couldn't. I tried soothing her as much as I could but her heartrate continued to accelerate to close to 180. After that, I thought it best to just hold her hand a little and sit down and watch from a distance. It just absolutely breaks my heart to see her in pain. Oh how I wish I could take it all away and comfort her and make it all better. I pray the Lord will comfort her as only He can right now. We did receive good news this evening that she is no longer on a Dopamine drip and she may start being weaned off the ventilator. Once that happens, she can again have her pacifier which brought her some comfort the first 24 hrs of her life.

Harry has been a trooper, walking over 2 miles every day to take me to see her. Even though I haven't been walking that much, I'm starting to swell quite a bit.

We aren't sure where we will be staying after I'm released tomorrow. Praise the Lord, a sweet person came to my rescue and is getting a breast pump for me to use while in the hospital. Amazingly an email was sent out to the homeschool group asking if anyone was headed this way (about a 6 hr drive) and lo and behold, there was a couple headed this way just shortly after it was sent out. Praise the Lord for His provisions and for sweet brothers and sisters in Christ. Harry is meeting them now.

I miss my other children immensely and they all want to be here to help and see their baby sister. Lord, please protect them and comfort them also. Keep everyone safe while traveling and please allow us to be together very soon.

Prayer request: She has a distended belly right now and if that doesn't improve, she may have to have a PD drain to get the fluids off her belly. I pray that improves on it's own.

Thank you all so very much for your love and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment