Sunday, September 13, 2009

July 12, 2009 (post 3)

Sunday, July 12, 2009 5:59 PM, EDT

Thank you for all the kind words of encourageme
nt and support. So many friends and family have asked what they could do for us. I know and I've been in your shoes and read about these precious heart babies and want so badly to do something for those families that are hurting. The fact is that only God can heal her or take away her pain which is all I want right now. Just please continue to pray for our entire family. If we are here much longer then we will have some physical needs that I could use help with but I just can't allow myself to go there yet.

Geneva's chest tube won't be out for awhile yet as there were three pediatric traumas that came in since I met with the surgeon. It should be some time tonight if nothing else happens. We are praying that by changing her formula and using some kind of diuretic (if I understand correctly) that some of that will be drained away from her lungs. The long chains of fatty acids need to break down into smaller ones. The only way I can think of describing it is that right now they are like pieces of spaghetti and they need to be like pieces of rice to be assimilated by the body and not pool up around the lungs.

I heard some odd noises come from her last night and again today that I mentioned to the nurse. X-Rays came back fuzzy and confirmed my fear that fluid might be developing around the lungs. This could very well be from knicking the lymph node.

She is up from .3 to .8 and now 1 liter for oxygen which is not good and she has had low saturation levels. We're trying for .5 now to see how she does.

I'm going to put my feet up again and seek some comfort from the Lord. Harry has been so wonderful and reminds that we need to just take one step at a time and sometimes that means just taking a minute at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment