Sunday, September 13, 2009

July 12, 2009 (post 4)

Sunday, July 12, 2009 10:25 PM, EDT

The new seizure medicine seems to be working. Thank you Lord that we haven't had any seizures since 1pm!! I just had the most precious "coo time" with Geneva since she's been born. She's alert, swaddled, looking at me with both eyes and I prayed and prayed that she would just give me a little sound and then we started having some chat time. Oh how that encouraged me so.

EEG is scheduled for the morning. I didn't know it required sedation. The good news is the new meds stopped the seizures. If I understand correctly then that means the bad news is that she likely won't have a seizure during the EEG which means we won't know what type of seizure she is having. I'm so confused.

Also a blessing that sweet Amy stopped by with some real food and even cookies. : ) I had never met Amy before but thank you Jennifer for asking her to come see me. : ) And you were right, I do have to continue hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment