Sunday, September 13, 2009

July 11, 2009 (post 1)

Saturday, July 11, 2009 12:13 PM, EDT

We do need some prayers as the jerking movement I've seen her make very well could be caused by her brain bleeding. She will have a ct scan likely today. We're very thankful because she had an episode while the doctors and students were standing outside the doors during morning rounds. Until then I was the only person present during them except towards the end of one with night nurse. We appreciate the prayers so much. Also, Geneva will be receiving some platelets today. About 30 seconds after it dawned on me that she might have an inherited blood clotting condition, my mother called and mentioned it herself. (Thanks Mom.) I mentioned it to the nurse and asked her to notify hematology to test her. If so, that could explain the low platelets perhaps. If she is able to maintain and stabilize her count, we can get the chest tubes out soon. At least one would have come out today except for the platelet issue. Once those tubes are out, we can hold her and try getting her to start nursing after her bottles. Praise the Lord for all things. Although it might seem like a small answer to prayer, it is huge to me. I am now getting twice as much milk from the breast pumping and it equates to almost exactly how much she is currently taking in for her feedings!! I'm ecstatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment