Sunday, September 13, 2009

July 25, 2009

Saturday, July 25, 2009 7:12 PM, EDT

It's hard to imagine it was just three weeks ago that we were waiting on Geneva's arrival and all that has transpired since then. I told Harry today that it seems like a horrible nightmare and if he hadn't taken so many pictures and video and Geneva didn't have any wounds, I wouldn't be certain it was real. Although we are trying to "normalize" our lives, I know they will never be the same. I shared with a friend today that as Christian parents we often speak of trying to be wise stewards with the children the Lord has entrusted us and to cherish our moments with them but somehow it's more real now. If Geneva sleeps too long, I ask myself if she had a seizure that I missed and is now sleeping it off. I check her breathing often to make sure she's still breathing but not too fast. I pray she does well and lives a long, healthy and prosperous life but the fact of the matter is, we don't know how long she will or any of our children will be with us and I want to make wiser use of our time together then I have in the past.

I'm fairly certain that everyone that has followed Geneva's journey is aware of a wonderful organization I've mentioned in the past, Kari's Heart Foundation.

http://www.karisheartfoundation.org/

We are so thankful for the generosity for the hotel room our family was able to use for the two nights before we all came home together. Those were such precious moments to me. I wasn't fortunate enough to meet little Kari but I had an instant connection to her and her family the moment I heard of her life story. Many of you know of them because I posted links to her website and asked for prayer for her while she was in the hospital during her second surgery. Mary Grace is another precious little lady I look forward to meeting some day in glory. Their lives on this earth were so brief but they both touched so many. Please continue to pray for their families when you pray for ours. They mean so very much to me and have been on my mind often.

No comments:

Post a Comment