Sunday, September 13, 2009

July 17, 2009 (post 2)

Friday, July 17, 2009 11:15 PM, EDT

I JUST found out that Geneva gained 8 oz in the last 24 hrs.

(EDIT: I started thinking a little clearer and realized there wasn't likely any way she was going to gain 8 oz in 24 hrs. Turns out someone made a mistake in the numbers they gave me last night. She actually gained about 2 oz. LOL That makes more sense. : D)

What is particularly interesting is that she ate a little over half what she ate previously but she was able to nurse a few times. I am very encouraged by that news and with some helpful advice from others, I'm going to dig in and stick to wanting to wean off the formula soon. I think it's upsetting her tummy and we're wasting too much energy just fighting trying to get her to eat the stuff and it makes her diapers stink. ;-)

We just need to get feeds down, gain some weight and wean off that last smidge of oxygen. Then we can pull the final IV line and go home.

Thank you for the prayers, love and support. I thought you'd like to hear a praise report tonight.

Please pray for safety for our family traveling tomorrow and back on Sunday. Also, Geneva seems to be developing a rash and likely hives. I suspect two things but we are keeping an eye on her to check it out. Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment