Wednesday, June 2, 2010

June 2, 2010

There are often times that I can't go back and read some of the previous entries. It is emotionally draining. We praise the Lord for Geneva's good health and thank Him for that.

Geneva went to see her favorite pediatric cardiologist a couple weeks ago. Again we are so thankful that she called us in to see Geneva's great charts. I think this was the first appointment that we have had since I was pregnant with her and we first noticed a problem, that everything was within normal limits!! Isn't that exciting? Her Z score for her mitral valve is still (-) 1.9 but somebody has to be at the bottom of that curve. It was (-) 2.4 at one point so we will take the improvement. Her next appointment isn't until OCTOBER!!! I don't know what I will do with 4 1/2 months and no long drives! ;-) I am keeping an eye on her weight as she is still under 17 lbs. However, she did have RSV and she is a lot more active now. I have to also remind myself that Virginia was 18 lbs on her 1st birthday and she was a pound heavier than Geneva when she was born.

Geneva is very active these days so getting her to hold still for an echocardiogram proved to be a challenge. At home, she wants you to barely hold her fingers so she can walk, walk, walk and quickly. She might skip official crawling but I assure you she combat crawls, lunges and rolls to where she needs to go. I know the next 9 months to a year will have their own set of challenges as they do with most children this age. Geneva loves the tiniest pieces of paper to put in her mouth and scare her mommy as she gags. Jewelry, any phone and remotes are still her favorite "toys" at the moment.

I can again never, ever, ever thank you all enough for your prayers and support, love and encouragement. If you would, please pray for Geneva today. She has broken out in hives all over and has had a couple doses of Benadryl. I don't know what might have caused them. We took her to a play area the other day that had sand and she had sunscreen but it was a safer sunscreen. She did get a tiny pinch of a peanut butter cookie but that was two days earlier so she is on a very strict diet until we find out the source. May the Lord richly bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment