Wednesday, May 20, 2009

April 21, 2009

Through a very fortunate series of events, we were able to get in to see a wonderful pediatric cardiologist today, Dr. Bremer. I, Stephanie, went alone thinking (praying) there would be no problem and we would be told Geneva had an innocent murmur and it would be something she would outgrow quickly and she would be a healthy baby. I wasn't prepared for the news I received that day. Dr. Bremer said you have an interrupted aortic arch, VSD and aortic stenosis and Geneva will require heart surgery soon after birth. It was a long 3 hr drive home but I was thankful for the time to be alone and pray and cry without worrying about upsetting others. Most people find out about these situations when they are about 18 weeks pregnant but I am 29 weeks already. We have a lot of research to do and decisions to make. Geneva, your days have beeen numbered before we even knew of your existence. I wish I could take away the pain and suffering you are going to experience but I am going to do all I can to be right next to you and Daddy and Mommy will ask the Lord to please give the doctors wisdom and for you to be as comfortable as possible. We all love you so!!

No comments:

Post a Comment